Addiction Treatment in Panama.SAIL INTO RECOVERY

Welcome to Serenity Vista Holistic Drug Rehab in Panama. Affordable Luxury at a Fraction of North American Prices for Quality Rehab. Visit our website at www.serenityvista.com and find out more about your treatment program in Paradise.

Thursday, April 21, 2011

How to Let Go? Just Hang On. How to Hang On? Just Let Go.

I tried to write a comment on my friend's blog post, and I could not get it to work!  Unable to "Let it Go", I am going to re-post it here, along with my comment. ahahha, yep, I couldn't let it go...

The 12 Steps and Zen Koans,  by Bill K.



In recovery everything is backwards. I was taught by my parents (the same ones that also occasionally made pancakes for dinner - I can relate) taught me that when I got the end of my rope, I should tie a big knot and hang on. There was a popular poster out at that time (in the 70's when posters were cool) of a tiny kitten hanging on to a big knot. It said "Hang in There Baby"


Now I know that when I get to the end of my rope, I need to let go. And if I am spiritually fit, I might not even have to wait until I get to the end of it. And someday, I may not even pick up the rope!


Thanks for a great post Bill K.

Jane


www.focusontoday.com Effective and Intuitive Private Counselling,Online,Face to Face and Telephone. Learning to live in right relationship with self, spirit and others.